My boiler is leaking, what do I do?
Avoid Water Damage
The Most Common Boiler Leaks
Should You Hire a Professional?
Which Boiler is right for my home?
The Boiler Options
How to Choose the Right Type of Boiler
Choosing the Right Boiler Size
5 signs you need a new boiler
1. Creeping energy bills
2. You can never get your home up to heat
3. Your boiler goes bump in the night
4. Your boiler is leaking
5. You can smell something strange
The Benefit of Smart Controls in Your Home
Smart controls are a fantastic addition to any home, but many homes have not yet upgraded their Worcester Bosch or other Manufacturer systems to reflect the changing trends. If you are unsure whether smart controls are right for you, consider these benefits to give you an idea of the benefits.
Increase energy efficiency
Control from anywhere
Smart controls are popular because of the remote-control aspect. A dedicated app allows you to use your smartphone to switch your Combi boiler on or off no matter where you are. So, you can prepare your home ready for when you get back from work, or double-check you turned all appliances off when going on holiday.
Receive status notifications
A boiler fault can wreak havoc on your home if there is an issue you do not fix in time. However, with smart controls, you can receive status notifications about possible faults, and you can arrange servicing and repair before it’s too late.
As technology is continuously improving, installing smart controls sets your home up for the future. The more advanced your home tech now, the easier it will be to upgrade when you need to, and you can future proof your home.
For more information on upgrading your current boiler system to smart controls, get in touch with Academy Heating today to find out what we can do for you.
Worcester Bosch Greenstar Lifestyle 8000
Features and benefits Worcester Bosch Greenstar Lifestyle 8000
- Control from anywhere inside your home or out, with the wirelessly connected (uses the Bosch EasyControl smart thermostat). Something that means you never need to be caught short without hot water ever again!
- Comes with an optional Filling System that maintains optimum boiler pressure, automatically and so keeps your boiler working in the most efficient way possible. It will even alert you if the pressure is too low, thus reducing the need for expensive callouts
- The new design features improved controls and a sleek look. Makes it easier to use and easier on the eye, no matter where you choose to place it in your home
- Comes with a guarantee for up to 12 years! This means you don’t have to worry about your boiler making it through the winter for over a decade! (Guarantee is only available when a combi boiler is installed by a Worcester Accredited Installer)
What's the difference between boiler fuel types?
How a New Boiler Can Save You Money
Control Over Your Bills
How to Stop Your Water Pipes from Freezing This Winter
Insulate Your Pipes
Service Your Boiler
Get Warm Air Flowing Around the Home
How to keep your house warm this winter
Book a boiler service
Reduce heat loss
Light the fire
Keeping your heating system efficient during colder weather
Insulate your Home
Adjust Your Thermostat
The thermostat is where you control your home’s heating, and for some, they can have it on all day, which is certainly costing you a lot of money. Instead, either adjust your thermostat to a lower setting or better yet, time it so that it comes on for an hour or two in the morning when you get up and an hour or two in the evening. This should just take the edge off the cold.
Be sure to look after your boiler and use these tips to keep your home warm for the colder months ahead.
When it comes to the water in your home, you probably think about it regarding being safe to drink and take a shower. However, your water quality has a significant impact on your boiler unit too.
The truth is that hard water can slowly cause damage to items throughout your home over time. It’s wise to be informed of how hard water affects your central heating system so you can act and understand the costly results if you do nothing.
Impact of Hard Water
Water that’s high in mineral content, or hard water, can shorten your boiler equipment’s lifespan that you rely on for your home’s water supply. These minerals, such as calcium and magnesium, turn to solid particles that can build-up inside your heating system. The build-up can trap heat or cooling inside your boiler and prevent it from being released into your home.
The long-term consequences are that you end up with a heating element failure. It’s because the build-up can have an insulating effect inside boilers. It then causes your boiler to burn more energy to maintain the same level of performance.
Improving Water Quality
You may be tempted to use a water softener to try to solve the problem. However, many softeners use salt, which can cause the same type of build-up. Instead, consider installing a whole house water filtration system if you want to improve your water quality and protect your central heating system. Filtering your water will remove the contaminants from your water source before it circulates into your household appliances and boiler.
Get in touch today if you’re looking to install a new boiler for your home that’s more efficient and will help you save on your energy bills.
Select a new boiler
- Is the new boiler in your sights more efficient? The main goal for most customers is to save on their energy bills
- Does it have a good user rating? You can scour the internet and find what most people think about any product, including boilers. So do your research and check!
- How large do you need the boiler to be? A 35-42kW boiler is great for a large home, but overkill for a medium-sized home of 3-bedrooms
- Is it safe? You want to avoid any boiler that seems to have a bad reputation regarding carbon monoxide issues
- Will you have a reasonable fixed warranty? Remember that every boiler needs to be serviced once a year, so you want a boiler that is modern and easy to fix should something go wrong
- In the event of a natural disaster, will it be easily removable to prevent flooding inside the home?
Servicing your boiler during the summer
They say that you should gather your rosebuds while ye may; when it comes to your boiler, that means making sure everything is in full working condition before it’s truly needed. The summertime is the perfect time to have your boiler serviced by a professional since this is the time of the year when it’s needed least. By the time the chilly temperatures of autumn and winter arrive, you’ll have peace of mind that you’ll be able to ride out the cold temperatures in a cosy home.
While there’s much to love about autumn and winter, we’re only truly able to enjoy those seasons to the max if our homes are warm. If they’re not, then it’ll be a struggle. By working with an expert that specialises in boiler servicing, you’ll be ensuring that your boiler is in tip-top condition and ready to keep you warm through the cold months.
Ideally, you would have your boiler serviced every year. That’s because during the winter, they’re virtually in constant use, and this being the UK, the use can sometimes stretch into late spring too. By the time summer rolls around, your boiler might need a bit of servicing if it’s going to help when the cold air returns.
We’re on hand to hand. Experts in all types of boilers, including Worcester Bosch, we’re able to help with a whole of boiler and gas & oil issues. Make a booking, and we’ll make sure that your boiler is in tip-top condition in no time.